Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year's Resolution


">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL7Jo_1Z3Y8

New Year's resolutions usually make me nervous. Maybe I overshoot. I don't like saying I will do something and not carry through. So I like to choose something I can claim as a success! And maybe add a challenge resolution too. Here's what I'd like to do this year:
1. Give more hugs
2. Make a quiet time for myself to clear my mind once a day
Maybe you could choose to make more time to enjoy or make music with your family. There's a wonderful free concert on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2007 at Wichers Auditorium in the Nykerk Music building at Hope College. It is the Norbert Meuller Concerto Competition. Eighteen very talented high school musicians will each present a movement from a concerto. It's a long concert from 1pm to 4:15 but it is understood that people will be coming and going between numbers so you can get up and leave when you need to. If you happen to be there at 3:00 you'll hear my daughter, Claire present a movement of a Saint Saens Concerto. I can't begin to count up the hours of practice she's invested. I would love to hear a guess on how many hours all 18 have invested.
Happy prosperous and musical New Year to you and your families.
Peace,
Yvette




No comments: