Friday, January 18, 2008

Be What You Want Them to Be

Light travels faster than sound. Your example is more powerful than your words will ever be.
Listed below are some traits we hope our children will exemplify when they are grown. I suggest you write your own list and post it on the fridge as a gentle reminder to parent with intent, to parent by example.....

When my children grow up I want them to be:
Happy
Healthy
Intelligent
Compassionate
Hard working
Creative and imaginative

Kind
Trustworthy
Confident
Kind
Courageous
Forgiving
Joyful
Worldly
Striving
Connected
Appreciative
Story Tellers

loving
honest
respectful
well-mannered
spiritual (lovers of God)
inclusive
understanding
patient
good sense of humor

Reading this list I imagine the perfect parent. Well, that's an impossible job description...BUT I strive! (and forgive myself!)

Peace and courage,
Yvette

No comments: