Sunday, January 13, 2008

Memory, Emotions and the Brain

Understanding how children learn has been a continuing education passion for me. I'm reading, attending workshops, watching children (my own and those who come to my Kindermusik classes) and I am nearly always thinking about this. So, from my experience, I have some ideas to share. Here's one about memory and emotions.

Have you experienced an emotion that was recalled along with remembering something? Sometimes I think that is what happens when certain child behaviors can make me angry...they are the same ones that brought up anger in my parents! I had to work much harder to be patient and creative when my babies were stubborn!

I look forward to your comments!
Yvette

2 comments:

lucyseay said...

Hey, Miss Yvette!
The first memory/emotion that came to my mind after reading/listening to your blog was an unpleasant one, unfortunately. My whole childhood, teenage years, and young adulthood (and even in recent years, if you can believe it), my mother made a federal case out of washing your hands after you use the bathroom. And now, many, many, many times when I'm washing my hands after using the bathroom, I experience negative feelings and thoughts about my mother. Strange, huh? I'm trying not to repeat history. Not washing your hands after using the bathroom is bad, but, in my opinion, not as bad as ruining your relationship with your child over it. I'll step off my soapbox now.... Thanks again for your blog. Lucy

Yvette said...

WOW,........ WOW. Thanks for sharing Lucy.