Monday, May 19, 2008

SATURDAY, MAY 10, 2008 * HILL AUDITORIUM, ANN ARBOR

The University Musical Society honors flutist Sir James Galway at the

13th Annual Ford Honors Program.


So.....I must brag a little!!! My flute duet friend and I went this concert and as part of the award to honor Sir James Galway we played a brand new piece of flute music commissioned as a surprise gift for him. The piece was a fantasie on "Oh, Danny Boy" and it was beautiful. So I've been going around telling everyone that I PLAYED FOR James Galway! (Hey, my name is even listed!) <<>> Of course the details are that there were over 100 flutes in this choir but it was very much a thrill for me! Sir James Galway said that out of all the halls in the world to play in his favorite was the opera hall in Sydney Australia and second was Hill Auditorium in Ann Arbor. True; as I listened to his concert I felt like my head was inside the piano...I could hear the felt of the hammers hit the strings and at the same time the flute was in perfect balance....It was a beautiful concert. I also enjoyed hearing his wife play with him on the Franz & Karl Doppler : Rigoletto Fantasy

As I look at the program book I'm thinking...."Now I HAVE to start a scrapbook!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Yvette!
I'm just playing with the comment function. Congrats on the flute honor Hill Auditorium is wonderful wish I could have been there! GO BLUE! -Beth