Monday, August 20, 2007

Your Parenting Style

So now that we are parents do you have ideas of things your parents said and did that you promised you would never say to your own children?

Some of the parenting techniques I love about Kindermusik are:

.... the tips on child development that have made a difference in my parenting
.... the chance to nurture my relationship with my child in a joyful setting like the "rocking songs", eye to eye contact when we sing to each other, frolicking with the knee bouncing chants, lots of hugs and laughter, seeing my child bubble with joy and music
.... having music as a tool in our home environment
.... the encouragement and support of the Kindermusik educator
.... practicing MY listening skills
.... nurturing my own skills as my child's best teacher
.... the chance for toddlers to practice being in control of themselves in a safe setting
.... learning and practicing the power of affirmation
.... much, much more.

We will still have frantic moments but maybe the horrible hurries and the stubborn stretches and the tumultuous tantrums will be fewer and farther in between.

This morning at 7am when I heard the garbage truck on our street I groaned and said to myself Oh, dear we missed it. I looked out the window and there was the truck in front of our house setting down our empty garbage can. Thanks Claire! What a gem.
Peace,
Yvette

No comments: