Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Flower for YOU parents!

It's an arnica flower. A special flower for which I am very grateful.

I've noticed in class you children have been hard at work. The way I can tell is bumps and bruises on their foreheads, cheeks....wait till summer when you can see more on their knees and shins! It really is part of their work to plunge in to learning how to walk, run, jump, twirl....run to the egg shaker basket and.....OOPS!!! Bump heads! I must recommend a most wonderful ointment for the bumps and bruises......

I have to tell you a little story. Actually bunches of you have heard about this one. Poor Claire! I (ME!!!!!)....I slammed the car door on her thumb. She was about maybe 10 or 11. I should ask her. She said "O-pen-the-door--" I opened the WRONG door!!! Then when I did open the door I grabbed my tube of Arnica that I kept in the pocket of the door and slathered the gel on her thumb. She had a bad ridge slanting across it and I thought she should have a purple nail....I tell you it was stuck in the door!!! It never did turn purple. ....wow, I've carried arnica with me whenever I can and have given it out numerous times when I see that big welt on a child.

You can find Arnica cream or gel or oil (and tablets too for really bad falls--like bike accidents!) at the health food store! Keep them handy.

No comments: